Today I wanted to share my ideas on letting go.
I know that when I am faced with the unexplored, unknown and un chartered this can cause fear.
Even if my fear is unfounded. My body can still “react” to these fear responses.
Also with the complex nature of trauma these intense emotions can become “trapped” in the body energetically.
Hence I believe a lot of chronic pain conditions are trauma based and have emotional elements to them which I will cover in another blog post.
So how do we let go of this ,how can we release the trauma? How can we let go of the intensity?
I’ve shared some tips below:
- Yoga… This is especially helpful to get back into the body and out of the head- think gentle stretches rather than yogic gymnastics
- Prayer… To hand it over to a power greater than myself whether that be on my knees or writing a letter to God / Spirit /Angels to help me and remove my fear and putting the letter in my God Box
- Meditation…Especially body scans that focus on each muscle group in turn to create the relaxation response within our bodies
- Nature….get out of your head!, go for a walk, soak in the healing gift that mother nature has given us, trees, greenery, beautiful landscapes waiting to be explored
- Distraction …Something that can focus your attention and be enjoyed. I love to knit and do Mandala coloring books
- Creative writing….This has greatly helped me process my feelings in different ways whether that be short stories or poetry
- Arts and crafts. My inner child loves to play, making soaps, making cards and pottery
- Hot bubbly baths, with epsom salts and candles…lush escapes
- Listen to classical music, especially music without words
- Invest in good therapy!
These are just some ideas that have and do really help me.
Good luck with your own solutions and healing adventures.
Feel free to share what works for you too….